Tuesday, December 16, 2008

θέλημα

Exactly my philosophy.... To me it can't be controlled. Desire as described on Wikipedia; "While desires are often classified as emotions by laypersons, psychologists often describe desires as different from emotions; psychologists tend to argue that desires arise from bodily structures, such as the stomach's need for food, whereas emotions arise from a person's mental state." Its almost beyond any moral realm. I don't always feel proud of my desires, but it just has to be fed. What's interesting to me though, is that if I'm in a relationship, its with someone that fulfills all my desires. Keeps me happy. I'm not a cheater since once in my early 20's (I had noooo idea how to even have a relationship then), but I expect any person below the age of 25 to do stupid shit and learn. If they don't, something is probably not right there. We tend to start battling our moral decisions along with our desires. But the truth is, they don't work well with each other. Decisions come from the mind, its all choice. To me desire doesn't come from the mind. Its uncontrollable.... Just like a stomach needs food.

No comments: