Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Nikki, my amazing girlfriend, also from Yummy Raw Kitchen, has nominated my blog for her 10 tags for the 'Happy 101' awards. I'm pretty sure she did it just so she could get a laugh out of seeing the very happy graphic on my utterly dark blog. Haha. Thank you baby ; )
So here we go...
Here are the rules: List 10 things that make you happy. Try to do at least one of them today, and tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day. For those 10 bloggers who get the award, you must link back to my blog.
1. All of lifes lessons collected thus far. Oh man, if I could go back in time and do it all over again.... Fuck it, I wouldn't change a thing! Live and learn. Each of our lives is a finger print. No one person is the same. It's a beautiful thing. Mistakes will be had, and things beyond our control will be had. But we will all be ok if we live with complete honesty and integrity. So, number one is easy for me to do today, since every minute of my day is a lesson.
2. My business, and my "employees" which I prefer to call friends. It's a world I have created, and am very proud of. Every day is involved with my business, it can be overbearing at times, but it does make me happy.
3. The city. I take pride in the city of Seattle. I may bitch and complain (The Greek way of life. Ha), but I do it out of love. I love the history, I love being involved in it, taking long walks through it with my girlfriend, I love that my parents met here, I love all of it. I am fortunate enough to be a part of this city every single day, even if I'm away.
4. Movies. I love deep movies. Character. Unusual character. Often dark. This is something I haven't been enjoying too much lately, and I'm going to try. I have a stack I haven't watched in quite awhile.
5. Being healthy. Running, riding, eating healthy. I'm currently working on all of these, and am lucky enough to have a girlfriend who can teach me many things. Even just a little exercise makes such a big difference with me.
6. Playing music. Haven't done this in forever. But playing with music with the right people to me is like being in a relationship. It's very hard to find the right combo. I have to be really into it.
7. Driving. It's in my blood. I love horsepower.
8. Occasional drinks with friends. Allowing myself to loosen up.
9. Home. It's a big part of me.
10. Finally my girlfriend, friends and family. I have some very longtime friends I consider family. Then there is my blood family, we're all crazy, and hard to deal with sometimes, but we're pretty awesome. ha. And finally, I'm excited to see my girlfriend every day. I consider her one of my best friends. She's loyal, and knows all my secrets. She's brings me peace. Without her, I'd be insane (As any Greek man is without a good woman next to him).